The information that you supply to Kaf.Tanned is strictly confidential. We do not reveal, disclose, pass on, sell or distribute to any third parties personal information. We do not collect Credit Card information.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are at all times aware of the current policy. This policy is effective from 12th March 2014.
Collection of personal information
We may ask you to provide the following information:
- contact information, including email address;
- demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or promotions.
As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet Service provider.
We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion or feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
If we receive this information from third parties, we will protect it as set out in this Policy.
Use of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including:
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to circulate promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- direct marketing;
- to contact you (by telephone, email, fax or mail); and
- to customise the website according to your interests.
- Customers may at any time select unsubscribe to stop receiving any information from us.
Disclosure of personal informationWe may disclose personal information:
- To credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods and services provided by us to them;
- To courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in these databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
Controlling your personal informationYou may choose to restrict the collection or use of personal information in the following ways:
- If you do not want to receive direct marketing from us please email us at email@example.com strictly indicating this; and
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you please write to PO Box 22, Ashgrove, Queensland, 4060, Australia or email us at email@example.com. We will respond within a reasonable time. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect so that the personal information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, then please email us at email@example.com setting out the details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Security and Storage
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under the age of 13. Whilst Kaf.Tanned makes every effort to protect children, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents and guardians to monitor children’s internet usage.
If you are under the age of 18 you still have the option to pay by PayPal or Money Order. With a parent or guardians permission only are you able to shop online using a credit card if you are under the age of 18.
Links to other websites
Amendments to this policy
This policy may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
Last updated on 12th March 2014
© Kaf.Tanned 2014. All Rights Reserved